From the Wikipedia page 
The Communauté d'agglomération de Sophia Antipolis (CASA) is the communauté d'agglomération, an intercommunal structure, centred on the city of Antibes. It is located in the Alpes-Maritimes department, in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region, southeastern France. It was created in 2002, and takes its name from the technology park Sophia Antipolis.
The CASA has for mandatory areas of jurisdiction:
- Economic development,
- Land management,
- Environmental protection,
- Town political structures.
It is to oversee as well:
- Organization of common transport problems,
- Sanitation collection and treatment,
- Assessment, protection, and economic impact of the local environment,
- The creation, management and assessment of cultural and sporting organizations across the communes.